Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Ben S6 Promo" by benlinusisagoodguy
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xSoppySofax
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: "Ben S6 Promo" by benlinusisagoodguy Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Ben S6 Promo" 01-10-2010
January 2010 contest submission
Song: sunshine soundtrack by john murphy
Vidder: benlinusisagoodguy
Length: 2:16 (59.0mb wmv)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLu2tUwzs8E

DJC Productions
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Ben S6 Promo by benlinusisagoodguy Reply with quote

This is very cool! I loved how you centered the whole vid around Ben and Locke's conversation from the finale. Great Audio. Your title sequence in the beginning is also very cool.
secret_neo
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:18 am    Post subject: Ben S6 Promo by benlinusisagoodguy Reply with quote

good job!! really enjoyed it!! and good luck!! love that sunshine soundtrack, good choice for ben .

and by the way, how did u do the intro sequence? After Effects? Apple Motion?
OvariesOfSteel
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:25 am    Post subject: Ben S6 Promo by benlinusisagoodguy Reply with quote

This was AMAZING.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:34 am    Post subject: Ben S6 Promo by benlinusisagoodguy Reply with quote

That was fantastic, Sophie! I love the way you used Locke's speech as a framework and then edited in the examples in between. That was famazing! Well done, my friend!
xSoppySofax
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJC Productions: thank you!! orginally i was gonna do some good quotes ben had come out with as ben sat on the beach. but in the end that whole convo with john/flocke was perfect. glad you liked it

secret_neo: thank you, i really like your trailers so its nice to hear your feedback with mine my intro sequence is made with adobe after effects. but i didn't make it, i used a template from revostock.com but changed it so it says "sophie presents" lol

OvariesOfSteel: LOL thank you!

eloramoon: Thanks hunny

*credit to stuff-and-thangs for the banner
blackwolf1480
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: Ben S6 Promo by benlinusisagoodguy Reply with quote

Aww, poor Ben. I think you used all the best scenes for this promo. It makes me even more excited to find out what's gonna happen to him in S6! Good luck in the contest
xSoppySofax
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. So am i!!! i'm dying to see my ben again

SawyerLittleton
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sophie, as always first off: Astonishing quality and soo great editing. Everything technical is flawless! I LOVED the scenes you picked and the smokey montage. It really made me bawl!

My only crit is that there was barely something that showed us what will happen to ben in season 6. Other than that just wow. WOW. but that's what your videos always do. they make WOW out loud! Gold!
                                 
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Ben S6 Promo by benlinusisagoodguy Reply with quote

Great job Sophie!! I didn't want to watch your promo until I made mine so I wouln't get any subliminal ideas (lol), but I'm pleased to see how different they are from each other. I love the approach you took with the conversation Flocke had with him and the music was really cool! Well done and a well deserved gold from me!!

That said, it's difficult to make too much of a creative possible ending without going over the line and being completely AU and out there for Ben because it seems he's in the present-post bomb!
xSoppySofax
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys, and yeah i agree with you i didn't really follow the idea of pu thing of the contest because to be honest i found it hard. I know some spoilers about ben for next season, so i didn't want to give away what may happen, and really for my idea of my vid it would of looked odd. But anyways the last few moments in my vid i thought i hinted enough that something bad was to happen now, for ben killing jacob. with the quotes "a war is coming" "2 sides, one is light one is dark" etc, and becuase of bens action this is what may happen in s6.

also i watched a lot of the lost promos (from s2 onwards) before i started on mine, and most of them only show stuff that has been aired or show a tiny glimpse with out giving too much away. that was the kind of thing i decided to go for like a promo how abc do, but better lol.

nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh good! I'm glad you didn't include spoilers, because I dislike them so much! I avoid them as much as possible! Exactly, I mean, it's so hard to predict what such an unpredictable character like Ben would do anyway! I have a bunch of possible endings, and what has gotten me is that if the plane doesn't crash on the island, how in the world can Flocke take Locke's body? Ya know? I could go around in circles for hours trying to explain that, and Ben is at the heart of all the mystery and island mystique! haha!

Good luck in the contest hun!

http://www.youtube.com/geminivids
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:46 am    Post subject: Ben S6 Promo by benlinusisagoodguy Reply with quote

I really liked how you captured Ben. I too like how you used Locke's speech and how showed everything Locke was talking about, and 'two sides' and we see Jacob/Other guy. The music you chose was great.

Your song sometimes overpowered the audio. (That happens to me all the time.)
xSoppySofax
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah it did, i kept adjusting the music and the audio of whoever was speaking, but its diffuicult when you get music in the background in lost too glad you liked it

FrecklesPhoenix
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, wow. Just wow.

Alright, firstly I'd like to ask... was this music in the X-men Origins: Wolverine trailers? I feel like it was... and it was awesome. Ever so epic and perfectly selected. Trailers are just so... EPIC. And this was no exception. You crafted a fine trailer for Ben that really hit all the big character moments for him, even if you didn't show them all. Really great dialogue selection, I loved the way you spliced the conversation with bad/dark Locke in there and showed the things he described. I assume that shot toward the end of him with the smoke around him crying his supposed to be him in the next season, realizing what he's done (what evil Locke made him do) and feeling bad about it. Is that right? I guess it doesn't really matter. It was a great preview for next season and that's that. Definitely gold.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: